Dual Channel Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generators
The 4060B Series Dual Channel Function/Arbitrary Waveform Generators are capable of producing precise sine, square, triangle, pulse, and arbitrary waveforms. This series combines the cost saving benefits of both DDS and true point-by-point arbitrary architectures to meet a wide range of applications that require high signal fidelity and low jitter arbitrary waveform generation capabilities.
Dual architecture operation
The 4060B Series arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) architecture can be toggled between conventional DDS or true arbitrary mode. Compared to DDS (Fig. 1), true point-by-point AWG implementation offers improved signal integrity by producing lower jitter and less distortion (Fig. 2). All models are capable of generating 16-bit waveforms up to 300 MSa/s in DDS or 75 MSa/s in true arbitrary mode.
|Model||Sine Frequency Range||Square Frequency Range|
|4062B||40 MHz||25 MHz|
|4063B||80 MHz||25 MHz|
|4064B||120 MHz||25 MHz|
The intuitive touchscreen display simplifies control of many features including extensive waveform modulation schemes, linear/logarithmic sweep, burst mode, and variable DC offset. These generators provide system integrators with auxiliary triggering capabilities, and a 10 MHz reference clock for synchronizing multiple instruments.
196 built-in arbitrary waveforms offer a variety of arbitrary test signals for both simple and complex applications. Generate custom arbitrary waveforms and download them to the instrument using the included application software. Alternatively, use the included LabVIEWTM drivers to load .csv or .txt waveform data files directly into the generator’s internal memory.
Features and benefits:
- 16-bit resolution, 8 Mpts, 300 MSa/s (DDS), 75 MSa/s (true point-by-point) arbitrary waveform generator
- Up to 1.2 GSa/s sample rate for sine, square, triangle, and pulse waveforms
- Two independent channels with one-button phase synchronization
- Channel copy, track, and waveform combine functions
- Generate sine waves up to 120 MHz
- Harmonic generator function
- Linear sweep, logarithmic sweep, and burst functions
- Precise pulse width and rise/fall time adjustments
- Supports AM/DSB-AM/FM//PM/PSK/FSK/ASK and PWM modulation types
- DC signal level up to ±10 V into a high-z load or ±5 V into a 50 Ω load
- Variable DC offset
- Adjustable duty cycle
- Frequency counter
- Internal/external triggering
- 196 built-in predefined arbitrary waveforms
- Store/recall up to 10 instrument settings
- LAN and USB device port (USBTMC-compliant)
- GPIB connectivity with optional USB-to-GPIB adapter
- Front-panel USB host port
- Arbitrary waveform editing software included
- LabVIEW™ driver is available