- Field-portable OPM with multiple calibrated wavelengths from 780 to 1625 nm
- Modern, smart phone style user interface with touch screen
- Automated PASS/FAIL analysis for fiber inspection and test
- Supports both industry standards and user definable acceptance criteria
- Connects to a PC via mini-USB to export data and manage acceptance criteria using FiberChekPRO™ software
- On Board storage for all fiber inspection and test results
- Integrated fiber certification reporting
- High performance field test tools that integrate fiber inspection, testing, PASS/FAIL analysis and fiber certification into a single handheld device
- Available with integrated PCM
- Onboard storage for fiber inspection and test results
- Two USB ports to connect additional devices such as a P5000i microscope
- Automatic fiber-image centering
- Rugged, weather-proof design
- Video: OLP-82P Setup
SmartClass™ fiber power meter and microscope
The new OLP-82 from VIAVI Solutions is the first handheld tool to combine pass/fail fiber inspection and optical power measurement (OPM) into one solution. As part of the new VIAVI Smart Class Fiber family, the OLP-82 helps service providers guarantee a lifetime of system performance from their network connectivity and gives contractors an essential tool for delivering best-in-class reliable networks to their customers.
The OLP-82 is ideal for technicians at any skill level with instant pass/fail acceptance results for both end-face quality and OPM in one button push. The OLP-82 can also save test results and generate certification reports to document work quality. Integrating these capabilities into one system helps the OLP-82 drive technician behavior toward implementing today's best practices in a seamless workflow that optimizes efficiency and reliability so they complete the job right- the first time.
Inspect and Test Fiber Anywhere
The handheld OLP-82 can be used anywhere today's fiber technicians go, up poles or down holes. Technicians get ultimate flexibility and performance from this powerful. easy-to-use solution that can help any technician become an instant fiber expert.
Combines Inspection and Test in One Handheld Device
Use either the onboard patch-cord microscope (PCM) or connect a P5000i digital analysis microscope to inspect fiber end faces and eliminate poor-quality components from entering your network. The benefits of using P5000i and PCM together include:
- Optimizes technician performance with tools designed for workflow
- Improves network activation with a reliable, repeatable processes
- Ensures test leads are safely stored when not in use
- Enables quick and easy inspection of both female (bulkhead) and male (patch cord) fiber connectors without changing tips
Included with OLP-82: Soft bag for SmartClass Fiber and accessories, Power supply for SmartClass Fiber (12 V), FiberChekPRO software installation disk, USB cable USB-A to micro-USB, Quick Start manual and safety instructions and eight (8) dry batteries.
Basic and Pro Kits also include: inspection tips, OPM adapter, hands-free carrier, rechargeable battery and much more. See descriptions.