Oscilloscopes Designed with Automotive Applications in Mind
Keysight's InfiniiVision oscilloscopes are a great fit in automotive applications.
The oscilloscope is the primary measurement tool used today to test and debug the physical layer of automotive serial buses, including CAN, LIN, FlexRay, BroadR-Reach, and MOST. Although protocol analyzers are also commonly used for testing and debugging at a higher-abstraction application level, the advantage of an oscilloscope is that it provides you with the ability to monitor the analog quality (signal integrity) of the physical layer of automotive serial buses. The electrical environment in automobiles is naturally harsh with lots of noise and often unexpected transients. The core competence of an oscilloscope is that it can capture and show you details of those infrequent automotive transients and noise that could be producing bus errors.
Keysight offers a broad range of automotive serial bus applications in both the InfiniiVision oscilloscopes, including protocol decode/trigger, eye-diagram mask testing, and physical layer compliance test packages. Also available in Keysight’s InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series oscilloscopes is CAN-dbc symbolic trigger and decoding.
Automotive Options for Keysight InfiniiVision X-Series Oscilloscopes
- DSOX2AUTO: CAN/LIN Trigger and Decode for InfiniiVision 2000 X-Series
- DSOX3AUTO: CAN/LIN Trigger and Decode for InfiniiVision 3000 X-Series
- DSOX4AUTO: CAN/LIN Trigger and Decode for InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series
- DSOX3FLEX: FlexRay Trigger and Decode for InfiniiVision 3000 X-Series
- DSOX4FLEX: FlexRay Trigger and Decode for InfiniiVision 4000 X-Series
Technical Briefs and Application Notes
- Download: Oscilloscopes in Automotive Debugging LIN, CAN, and FlexRay Serial Buses
- Download: Oscilloscope Measurement Tools to Help Debug Automotive Serial Buses Faster
- Download: Debug Automotive Designs Faster with CAN-dbc Symbolic Trigger and Decode for InfiniiVision X-Series
- Download: CAN Eye-diagram Mask Testing
- Download: FlexRay Physical Layer Eye-diagram Mask Testing
- Download: Using Segmented Memory for Serial Bus Applications