- Condition: New
- Drill Down Description: ST Attenuator
- Model: AF-ATT-110
- Quote Required: No
- Web Meta Description: Browse through each item you'll need for your task, including the Advanced Fiber Solutions AF-ATT-110 ST Attenuator. TestEquity offers various delivery options to help meet your deadlines.
- S3 Part Number: 23104.1
AF-ATT-110, AF-ATT-120, AF-ATT-130
- AF-ATT-110: ST to ST Air Gap Attenuator
- AF-ATT-120: FC to FC Air Gap Attenuator
- AF-ATT-130: SC to SC Air Gap Attenuator
The AFS variable attenuators are ideal for simulating cable loss for lab testing of link power margin or reducing power in links where receivers are being overloaded. These variable attenuators works on a gap-loss principle. Pulling the connector end-faces apart induces the loss. Since the light exits in an expanding cone, the receiving fiber will capture less light, as the gap gets larger.
Air gap attenuators are ideal for use with any LED systems and many laser systems. Some laser systems, especially high-speed digital links (over 1 GB/s) or analog CATV systems may not operate well with these attenuators due to back reflections. If you are using these attenuators in those types of systems, you should use the ATT-120 with a FC/APC connector, which have very low return loss even when unmated.