- Real time datalogging or wireless data transmission directly to your PC (30ft/10m)
- True RMS measurements for accurate AC Voltage and Current measurements
- AC/DC Voltage & Current, Resistance, Capacitance, Frequency (electrical/electronic), Temperature, Duty Cycle, Diode/Continuity
- Double molded for waterproof (IP67) protection, CAT IV-600V safety rating for industrial applications
- 1000V input protection on all functions
- Dual sensitivity frequency functions
- Large triple LCD display
- Includes double molded test leads, magnetic hanging strap, Type K probe, remote wireless receiver with USB cable, PC software, carrying case, and 9V battery
- 3 Year Warranty
The Extech EX540 digital multimeter is the first handheld multimeter to offer wireless data streaming to a laptop or PC for datalogging or real-time monitoring. The new DMM is part of the EX500 series of industrial multimeters, considered the "tough book" of multimeters. Extech's ruggedized, waterproof design can withstand a 6-foot drop, making it the ideal starting point for a go-anywhere DMM.
Extech EX540 Wireless Datalogging Multimeter
The innovative new meter offers wireless connectivity to your laptop or PC using a USB receiver with a range of 10m/33 ft. The EX540 transmits real-time data for monitoring, trending and analysis (using the included software) on one of two available frequencies (EX540 - 914 MHz for North America and EX542 - 433 MHz for elsewhere).
Now, electrical professionals can monitor and datalog readings at a safe distance from hazardous locations. Additionally, it is easier to perform remote tasks such as powering up a device from a control panel that is not nearby. From a time-saving perspective for laptop users, the EX540 permits a user to set up his or her laptop at a centralized location and then sequentially datalog readings throughout a site without relocating the laptop.
Ruggedized to industrial-duty specs, the new Extech is a True RMS DMM that, in addition to wireless datalogging, can log up to 9,999 readings internally and also reads voltage, current, resistance, capacitance, frequency (with dual-range sensitivity for electrical and electronic work), duty cycle (dwell), continuity, diode testing (2.8V), and even temperature (using its Type K thermistor bead probe).
The new meter features accuracy that is a tough-to-beat 0.06% and it is backed by a Category IV overvoltage safety rating, protecting users even on outdoor wiring.
Several one-button statistical data functions include minimum/maximum, relative, hold, and peak hold as well as selectable auto-ranging or manual-ranging. An analog-style bargraph complements the EX540's informative triple-reading display.
Includes: Double-molded test leads, USB wireless receiver, temperature probe, magnetic hanging strap, 9V battery and carrying case.