- Measure thermocouples, PRTs, thermistors, dc voltage, dc current, and resistance
- Best-in-class temperature measurement accuracy
- PRTs ±0.005°C (using external DAQ‑STAQ Multiplexer)
- Thermocouples: ±0.5°C (using High-Capacity Module and internal CJC)
- Thermistors: ±0.002°C
- Input channels: Up to 40 isolated universal inputs
- Flexible configuration: Internal High-Capacity Module and/or DAQ-STAQ Multiplexer
- Selectable scan speed: Up to 10 channels per second
- Four modes of operation: Scan, Monitor, Measure, Digital Multimeter (DMM)
- Real-time color trending: Chart up to four channels simultaneously
- 6 1/2 digit display resolution for dc voltage, dc current, and resistance
- Current reversal minimizes thermoelectric effects, improving PRT/RTD measurement accuracy
- Automated sensor calibration: Control Fluke Calibration temperature sources such as dry-wells or micro-baths for automated calibration routines
- Data storage: Records up to 20 MB of data and setup files to internal non-volatile memory or to an external USB drive. Transfer data to a PC using the USB drive or LAN connection and view data in Microsoft® Excel
- Data security: Administrator and user profiles for protecting settings and ensuring test traceability
- Mx + B scaling and channel offset zero function
- Alarms: Two independent, user-defined alarms for each channel indicate when an upper or lower range has been exceeded
- Supported by TQSoft and TQAero thermal validation software for FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and AMS 2750 compliant data collection
The 1586A Super‑DAQ is the most accurate and flexible temperature data acquisition system on the market. It scans and records temperature, dc voltage, dc current, and resistance for up to 40 input channels and scan speeds as fast as 10 channels per second. The Super-DAQ can be configured for use as a multi-channel data logger in the factory or as a precision reference thermometer for benchtop sensor calibration in the lab.
The 1586A Super-DAQ collects time-stamped precision temperature and electrical measurements for data analysis by technicians, engineers, and quality control personnel to verify process control, analyze interactive systems, ensure conformance to quality standards, or to correlate related events for R&D or troubleshooting. Measurement data and statistics can be viewed in tabular format for all active channels. With the graphing feature, up to four channels can be plotted at the same time, making it easy to quickly assess test setup and results before analyzing the data on a PC.
When configured with the DAQ-STAQ Multiplexer, the Super-DAQ has the accuracy of the best benchtop reference thermometer readouts for calibration of PRTs, RTDs, thermistors, or thermocouples. Lab efficiency can be increased when the Super-DAQ is connected to a Fluke Calibration drywell or bath and Automated Sensor Test routines are run.
The 1586 is ideal for a number of applications such as thermal mapping, temperature validation, process sensor calibration, and more. These applications are found in a various industries including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food processing, aerospace, and automotive.
Some temperature data acquisition applications require compliance to government and standards agency requirements. TQSoft and TQAero thermal validation software help engineers, technicians and lab managers to meet the key guidelines for temperature data collection. These software solutions provide a complete qualification, reporting, documentation, and audit trail management system.
There are six key features that set the Super-DAQ apart from other products in its class:
- Best temperature measurement accuracy
- Flexible configuration for the factory or benchtop
- Multiple modes of operation
- Real-time graphing in color
- Data portability and security
- Automated sensor calibration
The Super-DAQ monitors the temperature source's stability via the reference channel, collects the data once stabilized, and then advances to the next setpoint temperature. After you configure and start the test, you can walk away to work on other things.