- High intensity 7-LED array: 4,800 Lux @ 6,000 FPM/30cm
- High-efficiency LED solid-state light source with uniform flash characteristics
- 30-300,000 FPM (flashes per minute)
- Digital pulse width modulation for exceptionally sharp images at high speeds
- Rugged, durable design survives a one meter drop
- Quartz-accuracy control system provides high accuracy: 0.02% (±1 digit)
- Multi-line LCD display
- Checks machinery's rotation speed without physical contact or reflective tape
- Advance or retard flash timing for viewing gear teeth, cutting surfaces, repeats, or "drifting" equipment
- Simple push button operation with 2x and ÷2 buttons for easy adjustment
- Two-year warranty
Measure rotational speed of machinery without physical contact
Investigate and observe potential mechanism failure with confidence on a variety of machinery, in a wide range of industries, without making physical contact with the machine. The Fluke 820-2 LED Stroboscope is a rugged, compact, portable strobe that's ideal for stop-motion diagnostics, mechanical troubleshooting, and process or product research and development. Even better, it's a Fluke tool which means that it is rugged and ergonomic. It allows clear observation of machinery in motion — all cyclic motion can be slowed or stopped visually in order to note performance, observe dynamic motion, measure speed, or photograph/video the action.
The Fluke 820-2 LED Stroboscope is a simple, easy to use tool to stop motion for measurement and diagnostic purposes allowing you to:
- Identify the running speed of rotating equipment without stopping the operation or making contact with machinery
- Stop motion for diagnoses of parasitic oscillations, flaws, slippage or unwanted distortions
- Measure speed of rotation or frequency of a rotating shaft, speaker, or mechanical part
- Identify part numbers or other markings
Rugged, compact and easy-to-use
The Fluke 820-2 LED Stroboscope is more than just a tool to measure rotational speed of machinery without physical contact. It is also an excellent diagnostic tool for a wide variety of applications in a vast range of industries. Even better, it's a Fluke tool — which means that it is rugged and ergonomic. It allows clear observation of machinery in motion — all cyclic motion can be slowed or stopped visually in order to note performance, observe dynamic motion, measure speed, or photograph/video the action.
Adjustable flash duration
For most applications the standard flash duration will work well without adjustment. In other applications with higher rpm or larger rotating objects with high surface speeds, an adjustable flash duration is needed. In high speed applications, objects may move during the brief period of a single flash, resulting in a blurred image. By decreasing flash duration, objects have less time to move and the image will appear sharper.
The Fluke 820-2 LED Stroboscope is more than just a tool to measure rotational speed of machinery without physical contact. It is also an excellent diagnostic tool for a wide variety of applications:
- Belt-driven machines — HVAC fans, pumps
- Roller bearings, shafts, gear teeth or other machine components
- Clutches and cogwheels
- Foundations — resonance vibrations
- Cable or piping wear or damage
- Mixing and dosage processes
- Variable-speed turbines and drive motors
- Find belt rotation speed and detect belt slippage
- RPM measurement and frequency investigation
In addition, the stroboscope can be used as a strobe tachometer to measure speed instead of using a laser tachometer. In order to use the stroboscope, the component under measure must be visible, and have an identifying mark that can be used as a point of reference. A strobe tachometer is a useful tool because you can't always get access to the machine shaft to stick a piece of reflective tape to use a laser tachometer or make contact with the moving shaft to use a contact tachometerâ€”using a stroboscope you can "stop" the shaft down to 30 RPM (FPM).
Included: protective case and external trigger connector.