- 0.4fA p-p noise (typical)
- Remote PreAmp can be located at the signal source to minimize cable noise
- >1016 Ω input resistance on voltage measurements
- High speed, up to 2000 readings/second
- Up to 6½-digit resolution
- Fast characterization of components with programmable digital I/O and interfaces
Model 6430 Sub-Femtoamp Remote SourceMeter SMU Instrument combines the voltage and current sourcing and measurement functions of Keithley's popular SourceMeter SMU instruments with sensitivity, noise, and input resistance specifications superior to electrometers. This unique combination of broad functionality and exceptional measurement integrity is made possible by the Model 6430's Remote PreAmp, which offers a very sensitive bi-directional amplifier with sensitive feedback elements for measuring or sourcing currents at the device being tested. The high level signals output by the Remote PreAmp are sent to the controlling mainframe via a two-meter cable. This allows the user to make a direct or very short connection to the signal, minimizing the effects of cable noise.