- Four models with 34/68/102/136 channels
- 2.5/5 GHz timing capture; 12.5 GHz w/Timing Zoom
- Up to 128 M sample memory
- Up to 1.4 GHz trigger sequencer
- State speed: 350 MHz/700 Mbps; upgradeable to 700 MHz/1.4 Gbps
- Single-ended and differential probing
- Application support for many complex designs
- 15-inch touchscreen
- Microsoft Windows® 7 Embedded (64-bit)
- Three-year warranty
Find Elusive Problems Quickly, Even Far from the Trigger Point
With 2.5 GHz, 400 ps period timing capture across all input channels, and up to 128-megasample memory depth, the 16850 Series of logic analyzers provide up to 50 percent faster timing capture with deep memory than any other portable logic analyzer on the market, with twice the memory depth.
The industry's Fastest Timing Capture with Deep Memory
The 16850 Series' high-speed timing capture with deep memory lets the designer look back in time to observe the location of the root cause of failure. The high sample resolution of these instruments makes it possible to differentiate timing problems from functional problems, providing the insight needed to shorten the debug and validation process and bring products to market more quickly.
|Seamlessly integrate your scope and logic analyzer waveforms.|
The 16850 Series logic analyzer's timing and state acquisition allows you to:
- Observe timing relationships far away from the trigger point using 2.5 GHz (400 ps)/5 GHz (200 ps) full/half channel timing with up to 128 M samples
- Measure more precise timing relationships in the vicinity of the trigger point using 12.5 GHz (80 ps) Timing Zoom (256 K samples)
- Find anomalies separated in time with memory depths upgradable to 128 M
- Probe a variety of technologies with single-ended and differential attachment options with the highest signal integrity
- Buy what you need today and upgrade in the future. 16850 Series logic analyzers come with independent upgrades for state speed and memory depth
- Sample synchronous buses up to 1400 Mbps data rates accurately using eye scan to automatically adjust threshold and setup/hold
- Easily track problems from symptom to root cause across several measurement modes by viewing time-correlated data in waveform/chart, listing, inverse assembly, source code, or compare display
- Time correlate and import oscilloscope/mixed-signal traces into the logic analyzer Waveform window for even greater system insight
- Set up triggers quickly and confidently with intuitive, "simple," "quick," and "advanced" triggering options
The Keysight 16850 Series offers a standard state data rate of 700 Mb per second as well as an upgrade option to 1400 Mb per second. Users can choose the desired memory depth, starting with the standard, 2-megasample depth, along with a variety of choices up to the maximum 128-megasample depth. Both state speed and memory depth options can also be upgraded after the initial purchase.
The Keysight 16850 Series also offers a 1.4-GHz trigger sequencer to track high-speed circuits and define very specific conditions to trigger on in an effort to trap errors and drive quickly to the root cause of failure.
Many designers of embedded systems are using DDR2 and DDR3 memories in their designs. The 16850 Series logic analyzers offers these designers a lower-cost solution for tracing memory address and control buses in embedded systems using DDR2 and DDR3 memories. The 16850 Series can provide state tracing of address and control buses on systems running up to DDR2 1333 and DDR3 1333 memories.
Keysight 16850 Series Portable Logic Analyzers
|Specifications / Characteristics||16851A||16852A||16853A||16854A|
|Maximum timing sample rate (half/full channel)||5 GHz (200 ps) with up to 256 M depth|
|High-speed timing zoom||12.5 GHz (80 ps) with 256 Kb depth|
|Trigger sequencer||1.4 GHz|
|Maximum state clock rate||350 MHz standard; 700 MHz with Option 700|
|Memory depth||2 M standard; Up to 128 M|
|Supported signal types||Single-ended, differential|
|Automated threshold/sample position||Yes|
|Simultaneous eye diagrams, all channels||Yes|
|Probe compatibility||Direct connect single-ended flying lead |
Mictor and Soft Touch Pro connectorless
90-pin connector single-ended and differential
Select DDR2/3 BGA probes and probe cables
Select DDR3 Addr/Cmd slot interposer probes
|PC Operating System||Microsoft Windows® 7 Embedded (64-bit)|
|Processor||Core 2 Duo, M890, 3.0 GHz microprocessor|
|Removable Hard disk drive||500 GB|
|LCD touch-screen display||Large 38.1-cm (15-in.) touch-screen display|
|External display||Front panel and external display can be used simultaneously at 1024 x 768 resolution|
Included: one USB keyboard, one USB mouse, accessory pouch, and power cord. Logic analyzer probes are ordered separately. Please specify probes when ordering to ensure the correct connection between your logic analyzer and the device under test.