- Frequency Range: 10 MHz to 1600 MHz (to 2047 MHz with option 020)
- Noise Figure Measurement Range: 0 to 30 dB
- NF Instrumentation Uncertainty: +0.1 dB
- Gain Measurement Range: -20 to+40 dB
- Gain Instrumentation Uncertainty: +0.15 dB
- Input SWR reference impedence: <1.7 10 MHz to 1600 MHz
- Requires 346A/B/C noise source
Used with 346 or 347 family noise sources, the 8970B noise figure meter takes the mystery out of noise figure measurements, making them easy, accurate and repeatable. Low instrument uncertainty and automatic second-stage correction make it possible to make accurate noise figure readings, even for low-gain devices. The instrument has special measurement modes for mixer measurement and is capable of controlling external local oscillators and the 8971C noise figure test set.