- 250 kHz to 20 GHz or 40 GHz with 0.001 Hz resolution
- Up to +16 dBm standard, to +24 dBm opt.
- Opt. SSB close-in phase noise >30 dBc/Hz improvement at 1 kHz offset from carrier
- AM, FM, ?M, and pulse modulation
- Dual internal modulation generators - sine, square, triangular, ramp, and noise waveforms
- Easy frequency extension to 110 GHz with Keysight's 83550 Series mm-wave modules
- Narrow pulse modulation - 10 ns rise/fall times and 20 ns pulse width from 10 MHz to 40 GHz
- High rate analog ramp sweep, code compatibility with the Keysight 8757D scalar network analyzer
- Analog ramp sweep, digital step sweep, and list sweep
Providing premium performance at an affordable price, the E8257C PSG analog signal generator delivers industry-leading output power, superior level accuracy, low phase noise, and precision analog modulation for accurate characterization of RF and microwave components and devices. It typically eliminates the need of an external amplifier for testing high power devices and minimizes test uncertainty to identify errors early in the design process and reduce development time. The PSG sets a new price performance mark by providing advanced capabilities; including narrow pulses for radar test applications and ramp sweep for continuous sweep measurements and fully automated use with the Keysight 8757D scalar network analyzer.