- Frequency range 10 MHz to 33 GHz
- Fastest measurement speed for thermocouple sensor, > 400 readings/s (free run/fast buffer mode)
- Best-in-class power linearity of less than 0.8%
- Wide dynamic range from -35 dBm to +20 dBm
- A BenchVue software license (BV0007B) is now included with your instrument. BenchVue makes it simple to connect, control instruments, and automate test sequences
- U8485A/100/U2000A-301 includes 3.5mm Connector (DC Block) and power sensor cable; 5-ft (1.5m).
U8480 Series USB thermocouple power sensors come with a measurement speed of 900 readings/second and power linearity of less than 0.8%, providing high accuracy and stability to help you make average power measurements quickly and confidently. With the U8480 Series USB sensors, one of the most cost-effective solutions in Keysight's power meter and sensor portfolio, you get top performance features at costs so affordable that every engineer can carry one in their bags. This series is also available with Option 200 for meaurments down to DC.
Built-in external trigger in
External trigger will enable accurate trigger of small signals close to the signal noise floor. With the built-in trigger in connection on the U8480-series power sensors; you can connect an external trigger signal from a signal source or the device under test directly to the USB sensor through a standard BNC to SMB cable.
Save time and reduce measurement uncertainty with the internal calibration function. These sensors come with technology that integrates a DC reference source and switching circuits into the body of the sensor so you can calibrate the sensor while it is connected to a device-under-test. This feature removes the need for connection and disconnection from an external calibration source, speeding up testing and reducing connector wear and tear. To perform zeroing, simply turn off the device-under-test.
Legacy excellence in a compact and portable form factor
The U8480 Series is based on the same front end design as the Keysight 8480 and N8480 Series power sensors, now equipped with USB capabilities and improved specifications such as a measurement speed ten times faster than the legacy series.
The U8480 Series plugs directly into your PC or USB-enabled Keysight instrument and gives you the capability to measure power without needing an external power meter or power supply. The sensors draw power directly from a USB port and do not need additional triggering modules to operate.
Measurements direct from your PC
The U8480 series is supported by the Keysight BenchVue software. BenchVue makes it easy to control your power meter to log data and visualize measurements in a wide array of display options without any programming. Simply connect the sensor to your PC installed BenchVue BV0007B Power Meter/Sensor Control and Analysis app to perform average power measurement and analysis.
- Power sensor cable 5 ft (1.5 m), default cable length
- Trigger cable, BNC male to SMB female, 50 Ω, 1.5 m
- 3.5 mm (f) to N-Type (m) adapter
- Certificate of calibration
- Documentation CD-ROM
- Keysight Instrument Control DVD with IO libraries suite, Command expert, BenchVue software platform, 30-day free trial of BenchVue power meter/sensor control and analysis app.