- Test Frequencies 20 Hz to 200 kHz
- Basic Accuracy 0.05 %
- Measurement Functions: L, C, R, |Z|, X, |Y|, G, B, D, Q, Θ, ∆, M, N
- Up to 12 measurements per second
- Parallel and Serial Mode
- Binning Interface HO118 (optional) for automatic sorting of components
- Internal programmable voltage and current bias
- Transformer parameter measurement
- External capacitor bias up to 40 V
- Kelvin cable and 4-terminal SMD test adapter included
- USB/RS-232 Dual-Interface included, optional GPIB
|HM8118 with HZ118 SMD-Test-Fixture|
The HM8118 LCR bridge offers a wide measuring frequency range (20 Hz to 200 kHz) and variable measuring voltage (0.10 to 1.50 Vrms). Additionally, it has a bias function for voltage (0 to 5.00 V and 0 to 40 V ext.) and current (0 to 200 mA). The multi-slope conversion technology and the sophisticated generation of the measuring signal allow stable capacitor measurements down to 1 femto farad (resolution 0.01 fF) and inductors down to 0.1 nH (resolution 0.01 nH). All settings and measurements can be operated manually by the front panel controls and may also be remote controlled via the built-in, galvanically isolated, dual interface (USB and RS232) or with the optional IEEE-488 (GPIB) interface (HO880).
The HM8118 LCR measuring bridge offers measurements of non ideal characteristics of real components. At the push of one button it will measure the Rs of the series equivalent circuit or the Rp of the parallel equivalent circuit of a capacitor or a inductor. The HM8118 also calculates the derived parameters, like the quality factor Q, dissipation factor D, phase angle Theta, as well as the complex values of the impedance Z and the admittance Y.
In addition to the characterization of passive components like L, C and R the HM8118 can determine the specific parameters of transformers — not only on the fixed frequencies 50/60 Hz and 100/120 Hz, but in the whole range of 20 Hz to 200 kHz.
Includes power cord, printed operating manual, HZ184 4-terminal kelvin test cable and HZ188 4-terminal SMD component test fixture, and software CD.