Extremely Low Jitter, Flexible Signal Acquisition Solution
The 82A04 Phase Reference Module extends the capability of the DSA8300 digital serial analyzer sampling oscilloscope mainframe by providing extremely low jitter/drift sample position information to the mainframe. This sample position information is based on the phase of a clock the user provides to the 82A04 input.
The benefits of using the sample position information based on a clock signal are two-fold – an extremely low jitter of <200 fsRMS (typical), and the possibility of a triggerless acquisition. The typical application is the acquisition and analysis of very high-speed optical and electrical signals in high-speed communication devices and systems and similar areas.
The 82A04 together with the DSA8300 implements the phase reference time-base functionality in a novel way, giving the user the freedom to select from time base and acquisition modes without compromises; any phase-reference frequency within the operating range is accommodated, and even the advanced features, such as FrameScan®, remain available. The separate DSP per acquisition slot architecture of the DSA8300 enables the acquisition rate in the Phase Reference mode to reach over 40 kS/s.Modes of Operation
The operation of the phase reference is based on the acquisition of a clock synchronous to the signal under observation.
- Phase Ref Free-Run
- Phase Ref Triggered
Includes: User's manual (1); Precision adapter 1.85/2.4 mm male to 2.92 mm female included with 50 Ω SMA termination (1), and three-year warranty.
Features & Benefits
- Extremely Low Jitter <200 fsRMS (typical)
- Flexible Operation
- Untriggered (Free-running) Acquisition Without Trigger Signal
- Support for Enhanced Acquisition Modes (FrameScan®)
- Wide and Continuous Frequency Range 2 GHz - 60 GHz
- Small Module Implementation Allows:
- Acquisition on Six Other Channels
- Placement Close to the DUT with Module Extender Cable
- Fast Acquisition Rate
- Design, Verification, and Manufacturing of Telecom and Datacom Components and Systems Operating at 10 Gb/s and Faster