Discontinued. Replaced with the AFG3000C Series Arbitrary/Function Generators. Availability limited to stock on hand.
The AFG3000 Series of arbitrary/function generators delivers even more - Don't test without it!
AFG3000 arbitrary/function generators now do even more for you. The latest addition to the product series, the new AFG3011, delivers up to 20 Vpp into 50 Ohm loads, twice the amplitude provided by other products in the category. This eliminates the need for an additional amplifier to drive power semiconductors in automotive applications and other devices in science and industry, simplifying the test setup and reducing the equipment cost.
Unmatched performance, versatility, intuitive operation and affordability make the AFG3000 Series of Function, Arbitrary Waveform and Pulse Generators the most useful instruments in the industry.
Superior Performance and Versatility
Users can choose from 12 different standard waveforms. Arbitrary waveforms can be generated up to 128 K in length at high sampling rates. On pulse waveforms, leading and trailing edge time can be set independently. External signals can be connected and added to the output signal. Dual channel models can generate two identical or completely different signals. All instruments feature a highly stable time base with only ±1 ppm drift per year.
Intuitive User Interface Shows More Information at a Single Glance
A large screen shows all relevant waveform parameters and graphical waveshape at a single glance. This gives full confidence in the signal settings and lets you focus on the task at hand. Shortcut keys provide direct access to frequently used functions and parameters. Others can be selected conveniently through clearly structured menus. This reduces the time needed for learning and re-learning how to use the instrument. Look and feel are identical to the world's most popular TDS3000 Oscilloscopes.
ArbExpress™ Software Included for Creating Waveforms with Ease
With this PC software waveforms can be seamlessly imported from any Tektronix oscilloscopes or defined by standard functions, equation editor and waveform math.
|Sine||10 MHz||25 MHz||100 MHz||240 MHz|
|Pulse||5 MHz||12.5 MHz||50 MHz||120 MHz|
|2 to 128 K: 250 MS/s||2 to 128 K: 250 MS/s ||>16 K to 128 K: 250 MS/s |
2 to 16 K: 1 GS/s
|>16 K to 128 K: 250 MS/s |
2 to 16 K: 2 GS/s
|Display||5.6" color||5.6" mono||5.6" color||5.6" color||5.6" color|
|Output into 50 Ω||20 mVp-p to 20 Vp-p||10 mVp-p to 10 Vp-p||20 mVp-p to 10 Vp-p||<200 MHz: 50 mVp-p to 5 Vp-p |
>200 MHz: 50 mVp-p to 4 Vp-p
Includes: Quick-start user manual, power cord, CD-ROM with reference manual, service manual and ArbExpress™ software, NIST-traceable calibration certificate.
Useful Application Notes
- Characterization of IQ Modulators Counts On Flexible Signal Generator Stimulus (pdf, 1 M)
Learn how modern arbitrary/function generators provide a stimulus to characterize high performance IQ modulators thoroughly, with more flexibility and saving considerable time over previously used methods.
- Arbitrary/Function Generator Offers Versatile and Convenient Solution for AM/FM Radio Test and Alignment (pdf, 2 M)
The task of setting up or troubleshooting an FM radio is made much easier with the help of a versatile signal generator that offers the necessary frequency range and well as built-in modulation features.
- Arbitrary/Function Generators Provide Versatile Stimulus in RF Applications (pdf, 1.5 MB)
Recently, modern arbitrary/function generators (AFGs) have been finding increasing use in a number of RF test applications, thanks to significant improvements in versatility, flexibility and frequency range, enabled by advances in instrumentation technology. Learn more from this insightful application note.
- Tektronix Signal Generators Offer Sophistication Without Complication to Mississippi State University Students (pdf, 49K)
Advanced AFG3000 Series function generators enable students to test, characterize and troubleshoot their receivers.
- Seven models with up to 240 MHz, 2 GS/s, 14 bits
- Single and dual channel models available
- Sine, square, pulse, ramp, noise, sin(x)/x, exponential, gaussian, lorentz, haversine and DC waveforms
- AM, FM, PM, FSK, PWM modulation modes
- Linear and logarithmic sweep and burst
- Floating outputs (isolated from ground)
- Master/slave operation
- Large color display for viewing settings at a glance (mono display on AFG3021B)
- Intuitive operation with familiar Tek scope look and feel
- Front-panel USB connector for waveform storage and transfer via memory stick
- USB, GPIB, LAN interfaces
- ArbExpress software included