Comprehensive tools that speed every stage of debug
Designing with today's faster data rates and tighter timing margins requires an oscilloscope with outstanding signal acquisition performance and analysis capabilities. Tektronix DPO/MSO5000B Series oscilloscopes provide exceptional signal fidelity, with 2 GHz bandwidth and 10 GS/s sample rate, along with advanced analysis and math capabilities, on your bench and in your lab. Run Windows-based analysis software right on the oscilloscope. Point and click Visual Triggers enable you to capture complex signals with ease. MSO models include 16 digital timing channels, and all models can be equipped to decode common serial protocols, providing a comprehensive view of your systems.
Mixed signal design and analysis (MSO Models)
The MSO5000B Series mixed-signal oscilloscopes provide 16 digital channels. These channels are tightly integrated into the oscilloscope's user interface, simplifying operation and making it possible to solve mixed-signal issues easily. MSO functionality can also be added later as a user upgrade (Option MSOE).
Accurate high-speed probing
The TPP Series probes, included standard with every DPO/DPO5000B Series oscilloscope, provide up to 1 GHz of analog bandwidth, and less than 4 pF of capacitive loading. The extremely low capacitive loading minimizes adverse effects on your circuits and is more forgiving of longer ground leads. And with the probe's wide bandwidth, you can see the high frequency components in your signal, which is critical for high-speed applications.
Long record length
With a standard record length of 25M/channel, (optional up to 250 M point record length), you can capture many events of interest, even thousands of serial packets, in a single acquisition for further analysis. Unlike other oscilloscopes in its class, the DPO/MSO5000B provides flexible setup of both record length and sampling rate to ensure optimum resolution.
The DPO/MSO5000B Series offers the industry's most complete performance to capture and isolate events, providing fast insight into the real operation of your device. Tektronix proprietary FastAcqtechnology delivers a fast waveform capture - greater than 250,000 waveforms per second that enables you to see glitches and other infrequent transients within seconds.
Segmented Memory mode enables you to select up to 290,000 memory segments with a trigger capture rate of over 310,000 triggers per second. Beyond memory flexibility, segments are time stamped and can be viewed individually or as an overlay and analyzed using advanced features like protocol decoding.
MagniVu™ high-speed acquisition
The main digital acquisition mode on the DPO/MSO5000B Series will capture up to 40 M points at 500 MS/s (2 ns resolution). In addition to the main record, the DPO/MSO5000B provides an ultra high-resolution record called MagniVu which acquires 10,000 points at up to 16.5 GS/s (60.6 ps resolution). Both the main and MagniVu waveforms are acquired on every trigger and either can be displayed at any time, running or stopped.
Navigation and search
The DPO/MSO5000B Series offers the industry's most comprehensive search and waveform navigation with its innovative Wave Inspector controls. These controls speed panning and zooming through your record. With a unique force-feedback system, you can move from one end of your record to the other in just seconds.
Visual Trigger and Search makes the identification of the desired waveform events quick and easy by scanning through all waveform acquisitions and comparing them to on-screen areas (geometric shapes). Areas can be created using a variety of shapes including triangles, rectangles, hexagons, trapezoids, and user specified shapes.
Additional DPO/MSO5000B Series Key Features
- Wave Inspector navigation with Advanced Search and Mark
- Parallel and serial bus triggering and decode
- 16 digital channels (MSO models)
- Long record length (standard record length of 25M/channel, optional up to 125M points/channel)
- Standard high-impedance, low-capacitance passive voltage probing with up to 1 GHz bandwidth
- FastAcq maximum waveform capture rate of > 250m000 waveforms per second
- FastFrame segmented memory acquisition
- DPO intensity graded display with color or gray scale
- Optional analysis for jitter and eye diagram measurements, serial compliance test, power measurements, limit test, mask test, and DDR memory bus analysis
- Field-upgradeable MSO capability
- Capabilities previously optional, now included standard: ASM, DJE, LT, ST-CUST, VET, 2RL
All models include: one passive voltage probe per analog channel (TPP0500 500MHz, 10X, 3,9pF for 500 MHz and 350 MHz models TPP1000 1 GHz, 10X, 3.9pF for 2 GHz and 1 GHz models), front cover, touchscreen stylus, user's manual, accessory pouch, mouse, calibration certificate documenting measurement traceability to National Metrology Institute(s), Z 540-1 compliance and ISO9001. MSO Models also include: one P6616 16-channel logic probe and a logic probe accessory kit.
DPO5000, MSO5000 Digital Phosphor, Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes
|Analog Bandwidth||350 MHz||500 MHz||1 GHz||2 GHz||350 MHz||500 MHz||1 GHz||2 GHz|
|Sample Rate||5 GS/s||5 GS/s||5-10 GS/s||5-10 GS/s||5 GS/s||5 GS/s||5-10 GS/s||5-10 GS/s|
|Record Length||25 M||25 M||25 M (4 ch) |
50 M (1 or 2 ch)
|25 M (4 ch) |
50 M (1 or 2 ch)
|25 M||25 M||25 M (4 ch) |
50 M (1 or 2 ch)
|25 M (4 ch) |
50 M (1 or 2 ch)
|Rise Time||1 ns||700 ps||350 ps||175 ps||1 ns||700 ps||350 ps||175 ps|
Please refer to Data Sheet for complete specifications.
- 2 GHz, 1 GHz, 500 MHz, and 350 MHz bandwidth models
- Up to 10 GS/s real-time sample rate on one or two channels and up to 5 GS/s on all four channels
- Up to 250 megapoint record length with MultiView zoom™
- >250,000 wfms/s max. waveform capture rate with FastAcq™ acquisition
- FastFrame™ segmented memory acquisition mode with up to 290,000 segments and >310,000 waveforms per second capture rate
- Standard 10 MΩ passive voltage probes with less than 4 pF capacitive loading and 500 MHz or 1 GHz analog bandwidth
- >11 bits vertical resolution using HiRes sampling
- User-selectable bandwidth limit and DSP filters for lower noise and better measurement accuracy
- Optional Serial Triggering and Technology-Specific Analysis
- Standard removable hard disk drive (≥480 GB)
- Microsoft® Windows 7 64-bit Operating System
- USB, LAN (LXI-C)
- One-year warranty