Tektronix PA4000/4CH Multi-phase Power Analyzer
- Manufacturer: Tektronix
- Condition: Used
- Family Models: PA4000
- Manufacturer Part #: PA4000/4CH
- Meta Description: Browse through each item you'll need for your task, including the Tektronix PA4000/4CH Multi-phase Power Analyzer. TestEquity offers various delivery options to help meet your deadlines.
- Quote Required: Yes
- TestEquity Part #: 21301.2
Two Current-Measurement Shunts per Channel
Tektronix PA4000 Power Analyzers deliver highly accurate, multi-channel power, energy, and efficiency measurements. Precisely-matched inputs, unique Spiral Shunt™ technology, and advanced signal processing deliver high accuracy even with highly modulated waveforms and crest factors as high as 10. The versatile PA4000 offers comprehensive power measurements. Dual current shunts provide optimal resolution from microwatts to kilowatts. Harmonics analysis up to the 100th harmonic, and motor analysis with torque and speed inputs are included in the standard instrument. Every PA4000 comes with multiple PC interfaces, PC software, and USB flash drive support to help you collect and analyze data.
Flexible Voltage and Current Input choices to Fit Your Application
The PA4000 is the only instrument of its kind to feature both high- and low range internal current shunts in each input module. The 30-Amp shunt is perfect for many applications and can accept up to 200 A peak; but for measuring low-current devices the 1 A shunt provides increased resolution and accuracy for measurements down into the microamp range. For measuring currents over 30 Amps, a selection of matching external current transducers are available in several styles, including high-accuracy transducers up to 1000 A. The PA4000's voltage inputs can accept up to 600 Vrms continuous.
Unique Spiral Shunt™ Technology (patent applied for)
The PA4000 employs an innovative Spiral Shunt design that ensures stable, linear response over a wide range of input current levels, ambient temperatures, crest factors, and other variables. This new design is superior to other shunt technologies and contributes to the instrument's reliable accuracy and repeatability over a wide range of signal conditions common in today's power conversion technologies. The spiral construction not only minimizes stray inductance (for optimum high frequency performance) but also provides for high overload capability and improved thermal stability.
Application-Specific Test Modes
Some applications require special instrument settings to ensure proper measurements. The PA4000 simplifies setup for these applications by automatically choosing instrument settings and parameters that are optimized for each type of measurement application, resulting in more reliable measurement results with less opportunity for user setup error:
- PWM Motor Drive Mode
designed to overcome the difficulties associated with making measurements on the complex waveforms commonly found on the motor drives
- Standby Power Mode
provides continuous sampling of voltage and current to produce an accurate Watts measurement over the user specified period.
- Ballast Mode
synchronizes measurements for highly modulated electronic ballast waveforms
- Integrator Mode
provides measurements for determining energy consumption (Watt-hours, Ampere-hours, etc.)
Included: Voltage lead set (one per input module), power-cord, relevant documentation and user manual on CD, USB interface cable, and certificate of calibration.
- 0 to 1 A, 0 to 30 A Measurements
- Spiral Shunt™ design for high stability current measurements
- 1 to 4 Input Modules allows several configurations to match your application
- High measurement accuracy of 0.04% (basic voltage & current accuracy)
- Dual internal current shunts for each module maximize accuracy for high- and low-current measurements
- Proprietary frequency detection algorithms ensure rock-solid frequency tracking even on noisy waveforms
- Application-specific test modes
- Easy data export to USB flash drive or remote PC software
- USB, Ethernet, and RS-232 included
- Optional GPIB
- Optional Power Output for External Current Transducers