- DC coupling mode: DC to 1 GHz
- DC reject mode: 10 kHz to 1 GHz
- Dynamic range: Up to 60 V DC, 1Vp-p AC 3
- Attenuation: 1.25x 2
- <300 ?Vp-p noise on 6 Series MSO (20 MHz BW Limit)
- <1 mVp-p noise on 6 Series MSO (Full Bandwidth)
- Input impedance:
- 50 kΩ DC to 10 kHz
- 50 Ω AC > 100 kHz
- Temperature range at tip: 4
- -40 to +85°C (standard accessories)
- -40 to +155°C (high temperature cable option)
- Offset: ±60 V offset range
- Connectivity and accessories: New browser, solder-in and snap-on
- Compatible with Tektronix 6 series MSO, 5 series MSO, MSO/DPO3000, MDO/DPO4000, MSO/DPO5000, DPO7000, and DPO70000* oscilloscopes
*DPO70000 Series requires the optional TCA-VPI50 adapter
Optimized for power integrity measurements
The 1 GHz TPR1000 single-ended TekVPI® Power-Rail Probe provides a low noise, large offset range solution for measurement of ripple on DC power rails ranging from -60 to +60 VDC. This power rail probe offers industry-leading low noise and high offset range.
Why use a power-rail probe?
The added functionality, higher density, and faster switching speeds of modern electronic products drive the need for lower supply voltages. Designers need to zoom-in on power rails to look for high-frequency intruder signals, measure ripple and analyze coupling effects with tighter tolerances. Oscilloscopes often don't have enough offset to shift the noise and ripple on DC rails to the center of the screen to make the needed measurements.
The TPR1000 probe provides a low-noise measurement solution (oscilloscope and probe), which is critical to not confuse the noise of the oscilloscope and probe with the noise and ripple of the DC supply being measured. The higher input impedance in the probes minimize the oscilloscope loading effect on DC rails (50 kΩ at DC). The probes provide higher bandwidth to see more signal content (harmonics, faster ripples, etc.) on DC rails that could affect data signals, clocks, etc.
The TPR1000 provides a best-in-class integrity solution for power integrity and validation engineers in the high speed (?P), low power (mobile) and switched-mode power supply markets. The probes are designed to offer the lowest noise with high bandwidth at 60 V offset, flexible connectivity options and software packages to cover modern digital power management challenges.
TPR1000 applications include probing chipsets for power rail voltage supply and control in automotive, industrial and consumer markets, probing digital power management, memory and Ethernet connectivity and probing noise sources on high-frequency power rails.
Included with TPR1000: TPR4KIT accessory kit.