- Chemical Type: Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)
- Container Type: Bottle
- Container Volume: 1 Quart
- Applications: Safe for most plastics, seals, ceramics, and printed circuit board components, it is used heavily in the electronics industry. It is great for cleaning or coating of screens, stencils, fiber optics, c
- Drill Down Description: 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol, 1 Qt.
- Model: 824-1L
- 99.9% pure anhydrous general all-purpose cleaner
- Safe on plastics
The 824 Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) liquid is a high purity, multipurpose cleaner and solvent. The purity level meets Grade A standard for MIL Spec TT-I-735 and ASTM D770, ensuring that no contaminations are left behind when used as a cleaner or solvent. As a cleaner, it is fully miscible in water and most organic fluids, making it good at dissolving dirt and light organic contaminants, and ionic flux residues. Since the 824 is anhydrous (without water), it scavenges water off surfaces, trapping the water in the IPA solution as an azeotropic mixture. This helps to dry surfaces thoroughly. As a solvent, it acts as a moderate evaporation, plastic safe diluent used to improve the properties of paint resins and other heterogeneous solid mixtures. It, therefore, serves as useful carrier solvent to adjust the rheological properties and compatibilities of complex mixture. Due to IPA’s volatility, it resists entrapment in the coating. As it dries, it gives off a very light odor, which is not bothersome but serves as a cue to limit over-exposure due to poor ventilation.