F4T Touch Screen Controller for TestEquity Environmental Chambers
- 4.3 inch TFT Projected Capacitive (PCAP) color graphic touch screen
- Free Composer Software for creating/archiving profiles and chamber configurations
- Multiple levels of password security
- Stores 40 profiles / 50 steps each, with battery backup and real time clock
- Ramp to Set Point mode for a controlled ramp without having to write a profile
- Profile archiving and transfer via USB Flash Drive
- Manual or Automatic Data Log Transfer to USB Flash Drive, TFTP Server or Samba Folder
- Both Encrypted and Plain Text CSV File Data Logging Capability
- Trend Chart Graphical Display
- Includes Ethernet SCPI, Modbus® TCP and Modbus® RTU interfaces for Remote Operation of Chamber
- F4 Compatibility mode for most frequently used commands, making it compatible with most existing software that was written for the original F4
- Optional Part Temperature Control (Cascade Control) for Temperature Chambers. More info >>
- Optional Configuration to Select Between Cascade Control or Temperature/Humidity Control
- Optional Humidity Monitoring for Temperature Chambers
- Optional GPIB Interface for Remote Operation of Chamber
- Optional Batch Processing Capability Using a USB Bar Code Reader
- Available for all new TestEquity environmental chambers (except TEC1)
- Retrofit kit available for existing TestEquity environmental chambers (except TEC1)
The F4T is Watlow's next-generation process controller. Featuring a touch-screen interface, it's exceptionally easy and intuitive to use. The F4T is based on field-hardened electronics and robust algorithms already deployed in hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide. Watlow and TestEquity have worked closely together to refine this controller for use in TestEquity Environmental Chambers.
Why TestEquity chooses Watlow Controllers...
TestEquity has been using the original Watlow F4 controller since we began manufacturing environmental chambers in 1998. Prior to that, we relied on previous-generation Watlow controllers during the years that we sold reconditioned chambers. With their roots going back to 1922, Watlow has grown in product capability, market experience and global reach. The company holds more than 415 patents and employs 2,000 employees working in nine manufacturing facilities. TestEquity leverages Watlow's standard products because they offer the most reliable, field-proven, and fully supported designs.
F4T Features and Benefits
Profile archiving and transfer via USB Flash Drive
Profiles can be exported and imported as individual files via USB flash drive. This is useful for transferring profiles between different chambers and for archival purposes. The profile files contain all the profile steps that would ordinarily be entered via the front panel or Composer software. The complete F4T Configuration File (snapshot of controller configuration and all profiles) can also be easily exported and imported via USB flash drive.
Data Logging with transfer via USB Flash Drive or LAN
Data Logging can be enabled at any time and will log your choice of parameters to a .csv file. Log intervals from 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 minutes can be selected. All datalog files are stored in internal memory until transferred to a USB flash drive or via LAN. More info about data log setup and file transfer HERE.
Graphical Trend Display
Provides a graphical display of your process values and set points over time. The snapshot screen capture feature lets you save the trend chart image to a USB thumb drive. More info about Trend Graph setup HERE.
F4 Compatibility Mode
For the purpose of making an easy transition from the F4 to the F4T controller using Modbus, a special set of the most commonly used F4 registers were created. In the F4 Compatibility Mode, commands for Temperature/Humidity Set Point, Actual Chamber Temperature/Humidity, and Event Outputs are identical to the F4, so you can used your existing software on the new F4T. More info about F4 Compatibility HERE.
The F4T accepts SCPI commands for reading/writing set points, turning chamber functions on/off, and starting/stopping/pausing stored profiles via Ethernet port 5025. The complete command set for all functions remain available via Modbus. More info in this document.
...directly on the Touch-Screen Display, or on your PC and upload them to the F4T Controller with Composer Software!
- Speeds up and simplifies commissioning
- Archives and documents controller setup
- Connects with controller easily via Ethernet
F4T Retrofit Kit Available for Existing TestEquity Environmental Chambers
Add a modern controller to your existing TestEquity temperature chamber or temperature/humidity chamber. The F4T fits in the same cutout as the original F4 controller. Simply remove the original F4 controller, replace it with the new F4T controller, and attach the wires. You will need to drill holes to accommodate the added Ethernet and USB connectors if you want that additional functionality.
F4T Touch Screen Controller
Modern touch screen interface
Original F4 Controller
Developed in 1998
Optional Part Temperature Control (Cascade Control) for Temperature Chambers. More info >>